SVPAZ’s Cindy Vandervort is celebrating six years of service as the Operations and Finance Manager.
“Cindy’s high energy and passion for the work of SVP has strengthened our organization during the last six years,” Terri Wogan-Calderon reflected. “She makes sure our events run smoothly and has played an integral role in our entire Fast Pitch program since its inception.”
You’ll often find Cindy’s bright smile and her enthusiastic spirit most at play during Fast Pitch season. It’s her favorite time of year! While she’s rolling up her sleeves in preparation for the 2017 Fast Pitch program, she took a few minutes to share a bit more about herself:
- Favorite part of working at SVPAZ. The relationships and people are my favorite part of working with SVP. I love the Partners and all the amazing people I have met and the relationships I have formed.
- Favorite memory of your time at SVPAZ. My favorite memory is the very first time I attended a Fast Pitch program. We traveled to Los Angeles for their event and it was an absolutely incredible experience. Dr. Peter Diamandis, the Founder of the XPrize, was the Keynote speaker, and he was so inspiring. I will never forget my first Fast Pitch experience!
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring three items, what would you bring? A boat and two oars! Ha ha. If I can’t bring those then I would bring my Bible, a large hunting knife, and a fire starter.
- When you’re not working at SVPAZ, how do you spend your time? If I had it my way I would spend every moment I have in my RV traveling! This is my favorite pastime. I travel with my scooter, my kayak and many friends. I also love to paint; I bake and decorate cakes, dabble in photography and really enjoy re-purposing furniture and home décor.
- Tell us about your family (furry members, included!). I am one of five children and there are four of us still living. I am second to the oldest. My mother lives in Sun City and my Father passed away from ALS in 1998. There are more than 200 members in my family, on my mother’s side, and most of them live in the Valley. Those who don’t travel every Thanksgiving to celebrate with the Phoenicians; since there are so many of us, we host the meal at a park to accommodate. I have one son, Ryan, who turns 30 this month and is the light of my life. I have three fur babies, two cats and my newest love, a 5lb Pomeranian named Bambi, who I adore. She makes a great travel companion!
- You are never without my sense of humor! I love to laugh! If it has to be an item it would be my cell phone.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, it would be: Crab Legs with melted butter, baked potato and a salad. Yum!
- When you’re not hard at work at SVPAZ, we would find you (either at a location or doing a particular hobby … or both!): In an RV Park, with my niece and her giggling friends kayaking, swimming, playing games and having a blast!
- Favorite quote: He gives Beauty for Ashes, strength for fear, gladness for mourning and peace for despair. Isaiah 61:3
- Favorite vacation spot and why: The Virgin Islands, some of the most beautiful areas I have ever seen.
Congratulations on six years, Cindy! Thanks for all you do.