Have you considered participating in Fast Pitch? With the opening day for applications quickly approaching (September 15th, 2014), it is important to know the basics to participate.
- Must be designated as a 501(c)3 charitable organization;
- Must be located in or have significant operations in Maricopa County;
- No restrictions based on organizational size, budget or age of organization;
- Prior Fast Pitch finalists are not eligible to apply;
- There is no cost to participate in the program.
Applications are rated based on:
- Social Problem – It is understood what social problem this organization is trying to solve, why they do what they do, and who is affected by their work.
- Organization and Programs – Clearly articulates what the organization does and how they do it.
- Innovation – The approach to solving the social problem is novel or unique. The innovation leads to more dramatic long-term results than other, more conventional models or practices.
- Potential for significant societal impact – The organization addresses the root of the problem rather than only the symptoms. Metrics are being used to assess long-term outcomes, not just outputs or activities. Organization shows signs that progress has been made towards goals.
- Wow! Factor – The organization’s idea/program presented is exciting and inspiring
To see what we’re looking for in action, check out the playlist of our 8 finalists from Fast Pitch 2014!
To learn more about Fast Pitch, visit our Fast Pitch page.