Let’s amplify your personal and professional impact.
At SVP Arizona, we promise to “Amplify the Impact” of our nonprofit Investees. By joining the SVP Arizona team, we promise to do the same for you!
It’s not easy to make a difference to the causes you care about on your own.
Join our team and we will connect you with the opportunities you need to impact the causes you care about the most.
Communications and Marketing intern
How we will amplify YOUR impact:
- Make a difference: Our focus is making a difference within our community. Our network of Partners (philanthropists) and portfolio of Investees (nonprofits) will expose you to the incredible nonprofit sector in Phoenix and offer you countless opportunities to expand your professional network while improving the capacity of incredible nonprofits.
- Learning & Development: We’re committed to growing the leadership capabilities of our employees. Develop within the company; be mentored and grow as a leader from the minute you’re hired. Our mission enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
- Teamwork: experience what being a part of the SVP family feels like. Be inspired by your work, be encouraged by your teammates, and be supported in your professional and personal endeavors while you work with us.
At our core SVP is committed to unleashing the potential of people and organizations striving to make our world a better place. We lead with questions – knowing we don’t have all the answers. We are keen connectors among people and organizations that share common causes. And above all, we believe that we can make a greater impact together.
We value an environment where every voice counts and staff are empowered to be open and to share their opinions. Differences are honored, and constructive criticism is welcome as we collectively strive to learn and improve.
- To create educational opportunities for youth in our community.
- To ensure all children are safe and supported physically and emotionally.
- To increase access to health and wellness services.
This position will support the communications and infrastructure needed to support SVP’s strategic objectives, program implementation, Partners, and our Investee portfolio. Working in collaboration with the Director of Investee Relations, this role will help communicate to both the Partnership and our Investees through social media and email campaigns. Additionally in collaboration with the Director of Partner Engagement, this role will aid in workflow generation and management to support the growth of our Partnership.
This internship pays $15/hour for 10 hours a week, in our office!
- Director of Investee Relations, Director of Partner Engagement
- SVP Partners
- Community Members
- Nonprofit Sector
- Assist the Director of Investee Relations in developing regular communications (newsletter, blog, and social media) that provide innovative social sector writings and an accounting of the work of SVP Arizona.
- Provide reports for invested stakeholders on the historical data and impact of SVP Arizona.
- Work with the Events Committee providing logistical support, including name tags, RSVPs, reserving venues, contracting caterers, and assisting at events where needed.
- Create internal and external communications with strategic partners and potential Investees in the community.
- Manage grant applications and meeting scheduling for SVP Investees.
- Support development of program objectives and budgets.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in college or finished some level of college education, have an interest in the nonprofit sector, and be prepared to work with a dynamic group of philanthropists!
To apply to the Communications & Marketing position or ask any question, please email Michaela Wuycheck at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. We hope to work with you soon!
Download our Potential Partner Welcome Packet for more information on who we are, who we help, what our Partnership looks like, and some inspiring stories of how our Partners’ contributions have been leveraged through working together. YOU can be part of this organization!