Let’s amplify your personal and professional impact.
At SVP Arizona, we promise to “Amplify the Impact” of our nonprofit Investees. By joining the SVP Arizona team, we promise to do the same for you!
Social Media Intern
Who we are:
Using a venture capital approach to philanthropy, Social Venture Partners Arizona (SVP AZ) provides expertise and funding to emerging and growing local nonprofits that are working to make children successful.
Learning & Development:
Our mission enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Be inspired by your work, encouraged by your teammates, and supported in your professional and personal endeavors.
At our core, SVP is committed to unleashing the potential of people and organizations striving to make our world a better place. We lead with questions – knowing we don’t have all the answers. We are keen connectors among people and organizations that share common causes. And above all, we believe that we can make a greater impact together. We value an environment where every voice counts and staff are empowered to be open and to share their opinions. Differences are honored, and constructive criticism is welcome as we collectively strive to learn and improve.
This position will support the communication and infrastructure needed to support SVP’s strategic objectives, program implementation, Partners, and our Investee portfolio. Working in collaboration with the CEO and Director of Engagement, this role will help communicate through social media and email campaigns. Additionally, this role will aid in workflow generation and management to support the growth of our Partnership.
- Assist in developing regular communications (newsletter, blog, and social media) that provide innovative social sector writings and an accounting of the work of SVP Arizona.
- Provide reports for invested stakeholders on the historical data and impact of SVP Arizona.
- Work with the Events Committee providing logistical support, including name tags, RSVPs, reserving venues, contracting caterers, and assisting at events where needed.
- Create internal and external communications with strategic partners and potential Investees in the community.
- Manage grant applications and meeting scheduling for SVP Investees.
- Support development of program objectives and budgets.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge of social medial platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin).
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s program in marketing, communication, or a related major.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Reliable computer and internet access.
- Ability to perform well in an environment that values creativity, flexibility, and innovation.
- Skilled in Adobe, Canva, Photoshop and other creative applications.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities.
- 10-15 hours/week.
- Build your own schedule.
- Independence and autonomy.
- Positive and progressive environment.
- No additional benefits.
How to apply:
Submit your resume through Handshake as well as email it to email@example.com.
Download our Potential Partner Welcome Packet for more information on who we are, who we help, what our Partnership looks like, and some inspiring stories of how our Partners’ contributions have been leveraged through working together. YOU can be part of this organization!